TrailLite Caravans 1980 Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under New Zealand privacy laws. Any information that you share with us about yourself or another individual is personal information. Any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” or “TrailLite” is to TrailLite Group.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
3. The information we collect about you
Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website, our server or the server of our technical providers automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to:
• your IP address;
• domain names;
• referring website address;
• your date, time and duration of your visit;
• your browser type;
• your operating system;
• your page visits;
• other information about your computer or device
Information you provide
In order to access or use certain portions of the website or enjoy the full functionality of the website, or otherwise in conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, you may be prompted to provide certain personal data to us in the following ways:
• by filling in forms (for example, a 'Contact us' form) on our website or at an expo/show/event or anywhere else we conduct business;
• by downloading documentation such as a motorhome or caravan guide from our website;
• by subscribing to newsletters, offers and tips, blog posts or other communications;
• by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details;
• by submitting questions or comments to us or requesting any other information from us.
• or by making a booking with us for the service centre;
The information we collect may include
• Name, address, contact number(s) and email address
• Information about your preference of various TrailLite Group products
• Information about your TrailLite Group products you own including service and repair history
• Your account and payment history with us
• Your demographics and interests
• Details of any prizes you may have won
• A record of any queries you have made, including requests for viewing TrailLite group motorhomes or caravans and vehicle servicing
• Details of your driver's licence, if you take a TrailLite Group motorhome for a test drive
• Your financial information if you seek to obtain finance for the purchase of a TrailLite group motorhome or caravan and details of any subsequent lending
• Details for any insurance policies you apply for
• Your feedback, survey results and testimonials
• Any other information you give us
We may also monitor and record calls and communication made to, and by, our staff for validation, training and quality assurance purposes.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
TrailLite Group will only collect, use and disclose your Personal information for purposes in connection with the operation of our Website, and to operate, provide and improve our Products and Services, including for the following:
• Providing Products and Services to you: To provide and deliver our Website, Products and Services to you, and process transactions related to our Products and Services.
• Improve our Products and Services and Website: To measure and analyse the performance of our Website, Products and Services, provide staff training and improve our Website, Products and Services.
• Personalise your user-experience: To personalise your user-experience when using our Website, Services or buying our Products.
• Communicate with you: To communicate with you about our Website, Products, Services, and any queries you may have from time to time about our Products and Services, including recommending Products and Service offerings that might be of interest to you.
• Record keeping purposes: For our internal record keeping purposes, including for the maintenance of our data security.
• Fraud and data breach prevention: To prevent and detect fraud, abuse and data security breach.
• Business sale: To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our business or assets.
• Legal compliance: To comply with our legal obligations.
• Other purposes: For any other purposes that you authorise.
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties but only in connection with the Purpose:
TrailLite Group service providers, suppliers, employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors.
TrailLite Group affiliates and strategic and business partners.
Any other third party that you authorise.
We use various marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people visiting our site. These tools allow us to look at aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and allow us to run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personal data is not used by any of these tools. We use the following third-party service providers for tracking:
We also use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Meta to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. However, your personal data is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you special offers and messages from us. When you first visit our website you will be prompted to accept or decline the use of these cookies that aren't strictly necessary for the functioning of the website.
Land transport Safety Authority
To register your new motorhome or caravan certain personal information will be shared with the Land Transport Safety Authority as part of the registration process, this also means that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer.
8. Marketing emails
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications.
TrailLite aims to safeguard and protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and TrailLite utilises and maintains certain reasonable processes, systems, and technologies to do so. However, you acknowledge that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that these processes, systems, and technologies utilised and maintained by TrailLite are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your Personal Information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Information to you.
11. Retention of your personal data
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
12. External links
The website may contain links to third party sites. Since TrailLite does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This notice applies solely to personal data collected by our websites or in the course of our business activities.
13. Your Rights
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that TrailLite Group holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact TrailLite Group Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Contact us
15. Changes to this notice